Department of Mathematics
The University of Akron
Akron, OH 44325-4002
(330) 973-8012, (330) 374-8630, FAX
E-mail: dmitry at uakron dot edu
Mathematical problems in physics and materials science: asymptotic
limits of nonlinear PDE, geometric evolution problems, variational
General research areas:
- Partial Differential Equations.
- Calculus of variations.
- Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA - Ph.D., Mathematics,
- Institute of Steel and Alloys, Moscow, Russia - M.S., Physical
Metallurgy, June 1985.
- 08/00- The University of Akron, Akron, OH, Full, Associate, Assistant Professor.
- 08/98-06/00 Penn State University, University Park, PA, Postdoc.
- 08/97-05/98 The University of Akron, Akron, OH, Visiting Assistant Professor.
- 09/96-07/97 Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA, Visiting
- 06/95-08/96 Pennsylvania State University, Monaca, PA, Lecturer.
- 06/95-06/96 Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA, Visiting
- 01/89-05/95 Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA, Teaching
- 09/85-03/88 Central Institute of Ferrous Metallurgy, Moscow, Russia,
Dmitry Golovaty's publications on Google Scholar.